• Map of the Waldo Patent, 1789
    Prior to building his home in Thomaston, Knox attempted to familiarize himself with his lands and to determine how best to develop them through various maps and surveys. This Map of the Waldo Patent in the District of Maine commissioned by Henry Knox was executed by J. Stone in 1789, and covered from Broad Bay (now Waldoboro) to Belfast. A notation on the map states the Waldo Patent contained 576,000 acres equal to 30 miles square. The map is rendered in ink on paper. 

    Donated to Montpelier from an unknown source.
    Accession Number: G-3-02
    Related Projects

    Start typing and press Enter to search